2009-06-07

Tollywood Changed My Life - Shraddha Das


She is all of six films old, but Shraddha Das who made her debut in Sidhu from Srikakulam is already being touted as the next big thing in Tollywood. With several big banner films in her kitty and Arya 2 lined up for release, this Bengali babe who hails from Mumbai now plans to take it easy. Telugu Movie News

“I’ve been shooting for films back-to-back for the last 10 months. I have made a mark now, so I think I can slow down a bit and be a little more selective when it comes to signing films,” she says.

After her stint in Gladrags, Shraddha was flooded with ad film offers and corporate shows. But once she landed her first Tollywood role in Ramesh Raja’s Target, there was no looking back, she says. “Target was supposed to be my debut film. The release was delayed however, and Sidhu... hit the screens first.” Surely, Shraddha must thank her stars for the turn of fate as Sidhu proved to be quite a hit!
While she loves the stardom she enjoys in the city, Shraddha confesses, “Tollywood changed my life totally. I don’t belong to a star family nor am I former Miss India, yet I’ve been accepted by the audience and that is a great thing.” Telugu Movie Gossips

Did the fact that she didn’t speak Telugu ever pose a threat to her career. “Never. On the contrary, everyone was extra helpful. Initially, I did have problems with the language, but then my assistants and make-up artistes helped me with the basics. Gradually, it got easier and now although I cannot converse fluently in Telugu, I can understand it pretty well. In fact, the audience have accepted me like one of their own and my role in Mantra 2 was widely appreciated,” she gushes.
Shraddha attributes her success to her supportive parents. “They have been by me all along. The only condition my father ever placed was that I complete my education before stepping into films,” says this journalism graduate.

While the Telugu audience welcomed her with open arms, the girl is yet to make Hyderabad her home. Currently shuttling between her hometown Mumbai, and “second home” Hyderabad, she says, “I don’t mind the the travelling one bit. I’m passionate about films and it has all been worth it,” says Shraddha.

Rubbishing rumours that claim she is looking for greener pastures in other film industries, especially in Mumbai, Shraddha quips, “I’m very comfortable here. In case a good offers comes along, I’ll consider doing a project or two, but I’m not actively auditioning for Bollywood films. I’ll take it as it comes.”

Shraddha Das Hot Photo Gallery

Telugu Movie Stills

No comments: