2009-06-07

Hat-Trick Heroine Kamalinee Mukherjee


Meet this Kolkata belle Kamalinee Mukherjee, who is basking in the success of her first Kannada film Savaari, which has completed 50 days of screening and is heading towards 100. Kamalinee always selects roles that are dear to a family audience. Her performance in the Telugu film Anand earned her the Nandi Award from the Andhra Pradesh Government. Surprisingly, this was also her maiden film in Telugu.

An interesting thing is that Kamalinee had the privilege of playing the leading lady's role in three versions of the same film. She was the heroine of the Telugu film Gamyam, which was re-made in Tamil as Kadhalna Summa Illa. This film was again re-made in Kannada as Savaari. And Kamalinee played the heroine in all the three versions. Telugu Movie News

“I’m very happy to have acted in all the three versions. I am also very glad that the Kannada version Savaari is heading towards 100 days,” said Kamalinee. She added,”I am very grateful to the Kannada cine buffs for encouraging the film.,’’ So, has she accepted any other offers in Kannada. She goes:“No. I am not in a hurry. As of now, I’m focusing on a Telugu film directed by a debutant director. I think there will be no hassles to act in Kannada films if I get suitable roles,’’ said Kamalinee.
Her other Telugu films are Style, Meenakshi, Godavari, Classmates, Pellaindi Kaani, Happy Days, Gamyam, Jalsa, Brahmahanandam Drama Company and Gopi Gopika Godavai.
Although being a talented actress, Kamalinee has been seen acting in only one or two films a year. “I was suffering from psychological problems and was not well for quite some time. Now, I am okay and I hope to act more and more films in future,’’ said Kamalinee.

Kamalinee Mukherjee Photo Gallery

Telugu Movie Stills

No comments: