2009-05-01

Hansika Busy Now


She may be young but 17-year-old Hansika Motwani has her hands full, with a full-fledged acting career. “I made my debut in the Telugu film industry when I was barely 16 with Desamuduru, a movie by Puri Jagannadh, opposite Allu Arjun, which was a huge hit. My Bollywood debut Aap ka Suroor with Himesh Reshmmiya that followed, was an even bigger hit. So at 16, I was able to achieve what no Indian actress could,” says Hansika confidently. Hansika Photo Gallery

Hansika started out as a child actor in Bollywood films, including Koi Mil Gaya starring Hrithik Roshan and Preity Zinta, and has modelled for numerous TV commercials. Telugu Movie News

Speaking about her debut, she recalls, “Before the film released, everyone felt the movie was too risky for a debut, but I was confident about its brilliant music and the acting skills of Himesh. I was right, the curiosity and the hype created before the film, worked in its favour.”

Career wise, she says, having an early start has been a huge advantage. “Most actresses start figuring out their career only by 21. By 21, I will be focused, and prepared, and know exactly where I am going,” she avers.

So does she miss out life as a normal teenager? “No way, I am preparing for my board exams this year while shooting for a Hindi, Telugu and a Tamil film,” she says. Her forthcoming films include the Bollywood film He - The Only One, where she plays the role of a killer trying to take revenge. But Hansika is tight-lipped due to superstitions, she admits. “I am superstitious when it comes to speaking about my projects before they are released.”

Hansika’s recent achievement, of winning the Filmfare Award for the best debut actress, is the icing on the cake. “I am honoured to win the award outbeating 18 debut actresses in the South. In spite of being the youngest among them, I have been working very hard, and it has paid off,” she explains.

About the roles that she portrays, she says she does her utmost to be as different and experimental as possible. “All my roles have been different, I have been very lucky to have worked with some of the best in the South already, and that happened because I just grabbed the opportunity at the right time.” Speaking of which the actress has also done a Kannada film, and would love to do more. “My first film in Kannada was Bindass, opposite Puneet Rajkumar, and I had a total blast, I can’t wait to be back to Bangalore,” she says, currently busy shooting in Hyderabad for a Telugu film.

Hansika loves taking time off to pursue her hobbies.

“I love reading, especially girly chic-lits like Gossip Girls, and hanging out with my friends. I love designer clothes especially Gucci and Chanel. And I am an absolute movie buff, and literally worship Rajnikanth and Kamal Hassan. I am waiting for an opportunity to work with them.”


Hansika hot Photo Gallery

No comments: