2009-03-26

Priyamani Happy To Be In Home Industry


After successfully launching herself in the Tamil and Telugu film industries, National Award Winning actress Priyamani, has at last entered the Kannada film industry. She will be acting in Raam, which also stars Power Star Puneet Rajkumar. On asking what took the actress so long to enter the industry she says, “Kannada films are only restricted to the Karnataka audience. I was looking for a good launch pad and what better way than Raam which is an out-an-out comedy,” she says. A remake of Telugu superhit, Ready, Priya says that apart from the script, it was the cast and crew that pulled her to sign Raam. “Though I had never worked with any of them before, I had seen what a fabulous job Madesh, the director, had done with Gaja and now I can’t wait to see what he is going to do with Raam,” says Priya. “And I have always been a huge fan of Puneet, so signing the film just seemed the right thing to do,” she adds. Telugu Movie News

Though from Kerala, Priya was brought up in Bangalore where she completed her studies but work pulled her out of the City again. “Now that we are shooting in Bangalore I am doubly excited as I get to spend more time in my home-town,” she beams. “The shooting time here is very fast. Every day we finish almost two to three scenes and I get to go home by seven or eight in the evening and spend time with my family. Also I get to eat home food,” adds Priya.

The actress has also got a role in acclaimed director, Mani Ratnam's bilingual film Ashokavanam and Raavana, which boasts of starcast like Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai. “In one word, my experience in Raavana was fabulous. I have no words for Mani sir. He is an institution in himself. Though I have not got a chance to meet Aishwarya, I have shot with Abhishek, who is a blast to work with,” she says.

If there is one thing that she has learnt from both her male co-stars, it is to remain grounded. “Puneet is such a down-to earth guy, who is always sharing his experiences while Abhishek is berserk, but once the camera starts rolling, you can just watch him get into the character,” she says.

With Tamil, Telugu and now a Kannada movie in her kitty, she says that she can finally call herself a complete South Indian girl. Ask her where she would like to head next and pat comes the reply, “Maybe Hollywood?”



Priyamani Hot Photo Gallery




Source: Deccanherald

No comments: